Internal Posting *
Saskatoon Tribal Council
Dakota Dunes Community Development Corporation
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting opportunity, the Dakota Dunes Community Development Corporation (DDCDC) is looking for a highly motivated, team player with a positive attitude to join the DDDC team as the Executive Assistant position for an interim period of up to six months. As a key member of the team, this position works directly with the General Manager and is responsible for providing sound administrative support to ensure all directives and services best meet the goals, objectives and strategic direction of the DDCDC. This position is located at the Saskatoon Tribal Council main office complex in Saskatoon.
Main Job Duties
• Perform all general administrative functions;
• Maintain records and compile administrative, program and human resource management reports, ensuring information is accurate and accessible at all times;
• Research and prepare background information and briefings for the General Manager prior to meetings, public events and for sponsorship requests;
• Coordinate the logistics and prepare materials for Board of Directors, committees, annual general members meeting, internal and external meetings and events as required;
• Processing on-line applications and renewals for registration for eligible organization;
• Develop effective administrative systems, processes and procedures as required;
• Monitor and work within an annual operational budget;
• Identify and order required marketing and promotional items as required;
• Build and maintain positive working relations with member First Nations, community groups and other organization;
• Schedule and maintain schedules for events, appointments and meetings as directed;
• Responsible for the compilation and distribution of the annual report;
• Assist with the preparation of files, letters and reports for the community investment portfolio;
• Work with IT to troubleshoot and optimize functionality of the corporation’s website, database, hardware and software.
• Successful completion of an administrative course (business/secretarial) from a recognized educational facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Significant experience in an office and administrative setting;
• Proven ability to work in a collaborative, respectful, team environment;
• Superior communication and organizational skills;
• Demonstrated ability and sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, access, publisher, word, power point, outlook) and other creative programs;
• Proven experience in working with databases is essential;
• Experience working with First Nations people is preferred;
• Strong organizational and analytical abilities;
• Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-task environment;
• Ability to work independently and as a team player as required;
• Ability to record minute accurately;
• Demonstrated commitment to maintain confidentiality;
• Require a Class 5 driver’s license.
• Travel required;
• Occasional weekend and evening work required;
• Working and meeting deadlines required.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please submit your resume, with references, no later than August 31, 2015 to:
c/o Dakota Dunes Community Development Corporation
#200-335 Packham Avenue, Saskatoon SK S7N 4S1
Fax 306-956-6141 or email: email@example.com
Thank you for your interest!
Applicants are required to state how they meet the eligibility requirements in their cover letter.
* Internal postings are open to qualified band members of Kinistin Saulteaux Nation, Mistawasis First Nation, Muskeg Lake Cree Nation, Muskoday First Nation, One Arrow First Nation, Whitecap Dakota First Nation, Yellow Quill First Nation, or current permanent employees of the Saskatoon Tribal Council.
* External postings are open for application by the general public
* Community Postings are open for application by the general public